Yes! You can now integrate your Omni landline number to WhatsApp (only Omni Hotline users with 03 numbers can use this feature). You'll need to use the "WhatsApp Business" app instead which will allow integrations with landline numbers. Do also note that only one member of your team can use the WhatsApp feature as standard rules of one user per device still applies for WhatsApp. To set this up, follow the 7 simple steps below:
1. First, ensure that your Omni landline number is connected to your mobile number for WhatsApp verification purposes. To do this, go to your web dashboard, click “Numbers” and “Manage My Number”.
Under “Call Settings” select “Connect to Phone Number” and input your mobile number or another landline number you have with you. Please note that this is just a temporary step to receive a verification code via phone call, and once the WhatsApp Business set-up process is done you’ll need to remember to re-select “Connect to Virtual Receptionist” or any previous setup you have done.
If your availability is set to “Only During Business Hours”, do the same under “Call Settings” in “Business Open”.
2. Download WhatsApp Business onto your mobile device.
3A. You can refer to the video below for the next steps, or scroll down to continue the text-based guide.
3B. Open the app and key in your Omni landline number. For instance, if your number is 03-8408xxxx, key in “+60” in the country code area, and “38408xxxx” in the phone number area. Only +603 Omni Hotline numbers can use this feature.
4. A verification code will be sent immediately via SMS. Wait until the "Call me" countdown reaches 0, and then select the “Call me” function. You will then receive the verification code via an automated phone call to the mobile number you’ve entered in Step 1.
5. Once verified, add your Business Name and logo to get started.
6. Start using WhatsApp! Add additional information under Business Profile in your settings and enable automated messages too.
7. Remember to head back to your web dashboard and set your “Call Settings” back to “Connect to Virtual Receptionist” or
"Connect to Extension", according to the settings before this exercise.
If you faced any issues with the steps above, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.